This accessibility statement applies to the EOSC-Nordic website.
EOSC Nordic is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with Act on the provision of digital services 306/2019.
- The website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
- The content listed below is non-accessible because it is not compliant with the Act on the provision of digital services 306/2019.
Visual content and elements
- Images in the social media feed are missing alternative text. (WCAG 1.1.1)
- Some linked images or icons are missing alternative text. Some linked images have alternative text which does not describe the purpose of the link. (WCAG 1.1.1, 2.4.4)
- There are some issues with text contrasts, for example, the body text in the social media feed, links in the social media feed, and text typed into Contribute form (WCAG 1.4.3)
- The following issues with the contrasts of user interface components and graphical objects were found: Reply, retweet, share, and like buttons in the social media feed (WCAG 1.4.11)
- There are several issues with the HTML heading structure, for example, the social media feed has h6 headings, Topics and navigation links on narrow screens are incorrectly marked up as headings. (WCAG 1.3.1)
- There are some issues in the information and relationships of the site: The News listing structure is not available for assistive technology (date and category information are before title), listed services are not grouped programmatically on the Services page (e.g., the Researcher text has the visual appearance of a heading, but is not an HTML heading) and the hero feature on the front page has misleading role=tabpanel and incorrect aria-described by reference (referenced id does not exist). (WCAG 1.3.1)
- Page regions or ARIA landmarks have been determined, but their use is inconsistent and sometimes misleading. Examples: nested navigation landmarks within the header with no label, the big feature on the front page is not inside any landmark, the Cookie notice is not contained by a landmark, the Help component is not contained by a landmark, breadcrumb navigation is not marked and labeled as a navigation region, aside landmark is contained by another landmark on Objectives page (the contents is also better suited for the use of a navigation region) and aside contained by another landmark on Insights article. (WCAG 1.3.1)
- HTML validation detected some errors and warnings. For instance: duplicate IDs in the header search form and in some embedded SVG files and a stray </div> end tag on the front page. (WCAG 4.1.1)
- Information about an active navigation element is not determined programmatically and information about the state of an element is not always announced. E.g. Current link in navigation menus is highlighted visually but not marked programmatically and the mobile navigation state is not announced by assistive technologies (users of screen readers will not know if the menu is open or closed.) (WCAG 1.3.1, 4.1.2)
- Some interactive elements are not included in the tabular order, such as the close button of the Jira help widget and the Show more button in the social media feed. (WCAG 2.1.1)
- There are some issues with the visual keyboard focus indicator. E.g. the submit button in the header search form does not show when it is focused, the search field in the header has selected text when focused but no other indicator, and linked images and sometimes not visible at all in Firefox. (WCAG 2.4.7)
Content that is not within the scope of the applicable legislation
- Videos published before September 23rd, 2020.
- PDF documents published before September 23rd, 2018.
Content not accessible due to unreasonable burden
The EOSC-Nordic website contains numerous videos. These videos are included for training purposes. Given a large number of these videos and limited resources, it would constitute an unreasonable burden to make them accessible.
For some videos, there are no subtitles, or they are not in the language of the video.
Should you encounter any problem, please contact email@example.com
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 16th December 2020. It is based on an assessment carried out by a third-party evaluation of the website’s compliance with the requirements of Directive (EU) 2016/2102.
This statement was last reviewed on 9th April 2021.
Feedback and contact information
Did you notice an accessibility issue on our website? Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you notice any accessibility issues on the site, please first send feedback to us, i.e. the site administrator. It may take us up to 14 days to reply. If you are not satisfied with the reply or do not receive a reply at all within two weeks, you can notify the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland.
Contact information of the regulatory authority
Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland
Accessibility control unit