This accessibility statement applies to the EOSC-Nordic website.
EOSC Nordic is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with Act on the provision of digital services 306/2019.
- The website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
- The content listed below is non-accessible because it is not compliant with the Act on the provision of digital services 306/2019.
Visual content and elements
- Some elements are missing alternative text, for example articles, graphs, iframes and images in the social media feed (WCAG 1.1.1)
- Some linked images or icons are missing alternative text. Some linked images have alternative text which does not describe the purpose of the link. (WCAG 1.1.1, 2.4.4)
- There are some issues with text contrasts, for example the body text in the social media feed, links in the social media feed and text typed into Contribute form (WCAG 1.4.3)
- The following issues with the contrasts of user interface components and graphical objects were found: Reply, retweet, share and like buttons in the social media feed (WCAG 1.4.11)
- Links are separated from body text only by colour and luminosity. (WCAG 1.4.1)
- There are several issues with the HTML heading structure, for example no h1 heading on front page, social media feed has h6 headings, Topics, Stakeholders etc. in sidebar and the Media, Stakeholders etc. headings in Training library skip a heading level, navigation links on narrow screens are incorrectly marked up as headings and use of headings in a list where the list contains only metadata in Training library (WCAG 1.3.1)
- There are some issues in the information and relationships of the site: The News listing structure is not available for assistive technology (date and category information are before title), listed services are not grouped programmatically on the Services page (e.g., the Researcher text has the visual appearance of a heading, but is not an HTML heading) and the hero feature on the front page has misleading role=tabpanel and incorrect aria-describedby reference (referenced id does not exist). (WCAG 1.3.1)
- Page regions or ARIA landmarks have been determined, but their use is inconsistent and sometimes misleading. Examples: nested navigation landmarks within the header with no label, the big feature on the front page is not inside any landmark, the Cookie notice is not contained by a landmark, the Help component is not contained by a landmark, breadcrumb navigation is not marked and labeled as a navigation region, aside landmark is contained by another landmark on Objectives page (the contents is also better suited for the use of a navigation region) and aside contained by another landmark on Insights on… article. (WCAG 1.3.1)
- HTML validation detected some errors and warnings. For instance: duplicate ID’s in the header search form and in some embedded SVG files and a stray </div> end tag on the front page. (WCAG 4.1.1)
- Information about an active navigation element is not determined programmatically and information about the state of an element is not always announced. E.g. Current link in navigation menus is highlighted visually but not marked programmatically and mobile navigation state is not announced by assistive technologies (users of screen readers will not know if the menu is open or closed.) (WCAG 1.3.1, 4.1.2)
- Some interactive elements are not included in the tabular order, such as the close button of the Jira help widget and the Show more button in the social media feed. (WCAG 2.1.1)
- There are some issues with the visual keyboard focus indicator. E.g. the submit button in the header search form does not show when it is focused, the search field in the header has selected text when focused but no other indicator and the default focus indicator is hard to see around call to action links (such as Read More on front page) and linked images and sometimes not visible at all in Firefox. (WCAG 2.4.7)
- The purpose of all links is not always clear from their link text. (WCAG 2.4.4)
- Some form controls are missing an associated label. E.g. search form and newsletter subscribe form (WCAG 1.3.1, 3.3.2)
Content which is not within the scope of the applicable legislation
- Videos published before September 23rd, 2020.
- PDF documents published before September 23rd, 2018.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 16th December, 2020. It is based on an assessment carried out by a third-party evaluation of the website’s compliance with the requirements of Directive (EU) 2016/2102.
This statement was last reviewed on 10th December 2020.
Feedback and contact information
If you notice any accessibility issues on the site, please first send feedback to us, i.e. the site administrator. It may take us up to 14 days to reply. If you are not satisfied with the reply or do not receive a reply at all within two weeks, you can notify the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland.
Contact information of the regulatory authority
Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland (Etelä-Suomen aluehallintovirasto)
Accessibility control unit (Saavutettavuuden valvonnan yksikkö)